Atlanta Falcons running back Antone Smith is not one to lobby for more touches, although something special seems to happen every time he has the ball. Smith is in a contract year, so more opportunities could translate into more money once contract talks start. If the Falcons don’t lock him up, some other team is sure to lure him in free agency.
“It’s in the back of my mind,” said Smith, who was undrafted out of Florida State in 2009. “It’s one of those things you can’t control. The numbers are going to fall into place as they are. And we’ve got to pay Julio [Jones]. I’m a small piece of the puzzle. My contract is up. We just have to wait and see how that’s going to unfold.”
Randall Liu @RLiuNFL
@Atlanta_Falcons Antone Smith is only @NFL player w/ 6 scrimmage TDs of 35+ yards in 1st 25 career touches since 1970 merger
As an undrafted player, I would expect the former FSU back to rack in a pretty nice pay check.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Fantasy Studs: Week 7 Fantasy Football players who dominated nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/fantas… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/5UZeg6ZnXp
about 23 mins ago
- I would want Whitney Mercilus though, he would save the Texans 6 million and give them 6 million in dead cap
about 36 mins ago
- David Johnson traded could save the Texans 11 million, Duke Johnson 4 million, Kenny Stills 7 million, Brandin Cooks 8 million
about 37 mins ago
- Texans save 10 million by trading WR Will Fuller, if they Texans can trade Fuller and Watt, they would land multipl… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 38 mins ago
- If you trade J.J. Watt you save 15 million dollars. I mean why not? Think about it. Steelers need to call for him.
about 38 mins ago