Dallas Cowboys running back DeMarco Murray is one of three backs in NFL history to rush for at least 100 yards in the first five games of the season. The others are a pair of Hall of Famers: Jim Brown (1958) and O.J. Simpson (1973, 1975).
Murray’s 670 rushing yards are the most through five games in franchise history. He bumped 1995 Emmitt Smith (638 yards), 1981 Tony Dorsett (592 yards) and 1988 Herschel Walker (526 yards) down the list.
Murray has the fifth most rushing yards through five games in NFL history. The only backs with more yardage through five games in NFL history are Simpson ( 823 yards in 1975, 813 yards in 1973), Brown (787 in 1963) and Jamal Lewis (742 yards in 2003).
Murray is the first back in franchise history to have five consecutive 100-yard rushing games.
Murray is on pace to rush for 2,144 yards. The NFL single-season record is 2,105 by Eric Dickerson in 1984. The franchise record is Smith’s 1,773 yards in 1995.
Murray is on pace to get 416 carries. That would match Larry Johnson’s league record set in 2005.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Kenny Pickett, QB, University of Pittsburgh nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/ryan-p… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/7LDJhwlIxt
about 6 mins ago
- Fantasy Doctors: Josh Jacobs Injury Update, Great News, but is it the dreaded high ankle sprain?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 7 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Kenny Pickett, QB, University of Pittsburgh nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/ryan-p… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/ieJIHJBZdQ
about 13 mins ago
- Fanelli’s Fave Five Prop Bets for MNF: Seattle Seahawks vs. Philadelphia Eagles ift.tt/2ViNlvd
about 16 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Terrace Marshall Jr., WR, LSU nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/terrac… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/YQJAiX7QMY
about 28 mins ago