John Brown was a small school prospect from Pittsburg State that has really been super impressive. The Cardinals wide out burned Eagles defender Nate Allen for a huge play with minutes remaining to allow his Cardinals to get a win.
Brown’s 75-yard touchdown was made against defenders who talked all week about his speed and the importance of keeping him in front of them.
“We have to play deeper in that situation,” Williams said. “They made a play. I thought I was going to be able to catch him, but I couldn’t make that play. He was fast enough to get away from me. He was probably one of the fastest guys we went against.”
Allen said he hurt his hamstring on the play and would need testing on it when the team gets back to Philadelphia, but the problems started before that. Allen said he should have “gotten my depth” before Brown got past him.
“It’s on me,” Allen said. “I have to make that play. That’s the bottom line.”
Wide receiver John Brown has been compared to some of the best small receivers in league history, but linebacker Sam Acho went one step further.
“People compare him to Marvin Harrison. I think he’s better and I loved watching Marvin Harrison, but [Brown]’s unbelievable.”
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Ezra Gray, RB, Alabama State nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/ezra-g… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Ezra Gray, RB, Alabama State nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/ezra-g… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 5 hours ago
- Congrats Chiefs fans! Must be nice. See you next year!
about 7 hours ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Ezra Gray, RB, Alabama State nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/ezra-g… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/srpgZ4OZxw
about 8 hours ago
- Horrible illegal block in the backfield
about 10 hours ago