The Pro Football Hall of Fame announced in August that they would be adding a special “contributor” category to the voting process, starting with next year’s Hall of Fame Class.
Former general managers Bill Polian and Ron Wolf were both chosen Wednesday as finalists for the Hall’s Class of 2015. They will need 80 percent of the vote from voters on January 31.
Polian is well known for building up three different franchises as a personnel chief: The 90’s Buffalo Bills, the expansion Carolina Panthers, and the Indianapolis Colts during most of the Peyton Manning era. Polian’s sometimes contentious relationship with the media didn’t hurt him in the process.
“Wow! I don’t know what to say. I’m speechless,” Polian said Wednesday via the Fort Worth Star-Telegram’s Charean Williams.
This would be huge for Polian, who led the Buffalo Bills to four straight Super Bowl appearances.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- I wanted to share a cool story. I have been coaching soccer and this year I had 8 return starters from last years… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 27 mins ago
- Last Chance:Clemson rookie QB Trevor Lawrence tests positive for COVID-19 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/trevor… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/yVlETyzJuI
about 28 mins ago
- Could you imagine? Trade them all this week twitter.com/nfl_dovkleiman…
about 32 mins ago
- That is the first step, it is already damn near impossible to find 9mm ammo twitter.com/wsj/status/132…
about 54 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Sebastian Gutierrez, OL, Minot State University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago