Many people around the NFL wanted the San Francisco 49ers to suspend Ray McDonald for beating his pregnant fiancee, but the team refused until the reports came out. Well according to the San Jose Mercury, those charges could be dropped.
Santa Clara County prosecutors are leaning against charging San Francisco 49er Ray McDonald with domestic violence in connection with his widely publicized arrest on suspicion of roughing up his pregnant fiancee, sources familiar with the case said Thursday.
The Santa Clara County District Attorney’s Office is likely to announce the decision soon and issue a report laying out the reasons, the sources said, as it has in other incidents involving the 49ers that weren’t related to domestic violence, including not charging 49er Ahmad Brooks with assault after an alleged scuffle with a teammate. However, the office did prosecute Aldon Smith for drunken driving and possession of illegal assault rifles.
This would be a huge win for McDonald, but at the end of the day he is still a coward for putting his hands on his wife, regardless if she hit him first. She has another human inside of her and you are the dad of that human….
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Put some respect on these names. Three QB’s that deserve more love nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/respec… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 5 mins ago
- Last Chance:Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: Jimmy Strickland, Long Snapper nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/jimmy-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 24 mins ago
- Last Chance:Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: Caleb Green, Athlete nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/caleb-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/l1egGR7SWs
about 46 mins ago
- Last Chance:QB Playground Edition: Who’s Swinging Up, Who’s Sliding Down? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/qb/ #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/9i5HzaM6Pi
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Tevin Singleton, CB, Bowie State University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago