I have been helping small school football players for quite some time now and today I became upset when I read this transcript from Stephen A. Smith.
ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith on yesterday’s edition of “First Take.”
“According to sources I have in the NFL, the league did call a few teams. They did want teams to take Michael Sam because obviously we see what kind of movement they’re gearing for, and what they’re support of Michael Sam, who we all know, came out, acknowledged he was gay before the draft and ultimately something Roger Goodell and the NFL supports and they want their teams to support. But other teams weren’t too receptive to taking him on once the St. Louis Rams cut him,” reported the ESPN talking head.
“So in steps, Jerry Jones coming to the aid of the NFL and making a splash with his willingness to bring this guy on board to the practice squad.”
If the NFL did do this they are dead wrong. That is not fair to other players that are sitting at home. It is basically saying to not give the NFL a bad name, someone sign the “Gay Guy”.
I am sorry but this is dead wrong, and the NFL should be punished for this behavior or make calls for everyone. It is not a fair business practice.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- This is an awesome Story #FLORIDABOI twitter.com/GottliebShow/s…
about 6 mins ago
- Tonight Mike Tyson will fight Roy Jones Jr. Which Old Man will lose?
Pick the LOSER here
about 8 mins ago
- Yes it is! Go Gators! twitter.com/Da_MegaZoe/sta…
about 9 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for November 28, 2020, Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 10 mins ago
- Little Buddy crushed this! twitter.com/loneamorphous/…
about 16 mins ago