Jared Green was always known because his father Darrell was one of the best cornerbacks to ever play the game for the Washington Redskins. Jared might always be known for his father’s presence on the football field, but Jared was no slouch.
Jared went to the University of Virginia to play football and after a couple years ended up leaving the program and playing for Southern University a small HBCU football team in Louisiana. Green tore it up with his blazing speed and after an amazing college career, was given an opportunity to play in the NFL.
Green signed as an undrafted free agent with the Carolina Panthers. Green impressed the Panthers scouts at the HBCU Bowl an All-Star game for small schoolers when he tore down the track running the fastest forty time of any player attending.
Green had a short stint with the Panthers and then was signed to the Dallas Cowboys. After a short stint with the Cowboys, Green signed with the Oakland Raiders where he was on their practice squad. Well Green has now walked away from football.
Jared was one of my original Diamonds in the Rough when he was coming out of college, and today I was given the word that Jared has given up securing a football for securing lives for the Lord.
Jared will begin seminary school and become a Full-Time Pastor in Chantilly, Virginia. Jared is married to Joanna Green and they have one daughter named Alana Green. Green is an active Pastor for Grace Covenant Church.
It is not easy to walk away from something you love, but when you walk away from something you love for the person that gave you talents to do the things you love, you appreciate it more. I think this is an awesome step for you Jared, and I am very proud of you. While many will remember you on earth as the Raiders wide receiver that had an amazing Hall of Fame speech for his father, God will remember you as a person willing to give him 100 percent on earth. That is what it is all about. Change Lives, YOU ARE STILL and WILL ALWAYS BE A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH TO US.
May God Bless You and Your Church.
Make sure you check out Jared’s church website here Grace Covenant Church,
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for September 21, 2020; Roster Cuts, Daily Workouts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 34 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for September 21, 2020; Roster Cuts, Daily Workouts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 38 mins ago
- Last Chance:Tulsa’s Senior cornerback Allie Greene IV stands out when breaking down film nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/allie-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 42 mins ago
- Breaking: Ravens are expected to workout LS Andrew DePaola tomorrow - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/andrew…
about 56 mins ago
- Top Famous NFL Footballers that Didn’t Go to College - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-16/
about 56 mins ago