A former NFL linebacker is on the road to recovery after living on the streets of Los Angeles, according to CBS 2 in California. For quite some time, Terry Tautolo lived in a tunnel beneath a Los Angeles freeway after the end of his NFL career. Tautolo began his football career in 1976, when he became a Rose Bowl champion while playing for UCLA. After being drafted in the NFL by Dick Vermeil, Tautolo went on to have an awesome 9 year NFL career, that was stopped short by concussions. While Tautolo will not admit concussions caused him to use drugs and be homeless, many believe it was a factor.
The NFL needs good news, and this story is about a coach, who ensured his player was safe, even if he had to put money from his own pocket into getting Tautolo help. Dick Vermeil went to the streets to find Tautolo and helped him get enrolled into P.A.S.T. a treatment center for addicts. Tautolo is now changed and looks like a million dollars.
This is what the NFL should be talking about. A coach that never gave up on his players.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- This is an awesome Story #FLORIDABOI twitter.com/GottliebShow/s…
about 29 mins ago
- Tonight Mike Tyson will fight Roy Jones Jr. Which Old Man will lose?
Pick the LOSER here
about 31 mins ago
- Yes it is! Go Gators! twitter.com/Da_MegaZoe/sta…
about 32 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for November 28, 2020, Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 33 mins ago
- Little Buddy crushed this! twitter.com/loneamorphous/…
about 39 mins ago