According to Pro Football Talk, Sean Gilbert of the NFLPA is putting up some pretty wild rules and regulations.
PFT has obtained a copy of Gilbert’s platform, which consists of 23 total points.
The first — and arguably most notable — point reiterates Gilbert’s desire to pursue termination of the current Collective Bargaining Agreement, via the anti-collusion provisions of the labor deal.
The goal, as we understand it, won’t be to strike, but to get the NFL back to the bargaining table with the goal of improving the current contract. Of course, if there’s no labor deal there will be a chance the league will lock out the players, again. But if there’s a work stoppage, it won’t happen due to a strike.
Gilbert also advocates a $1 million minimum player salary, a reduction in dues from $15,000 to $10,000, three-year rookie deals, free agency after three years, permissible renegotiation after only one year (with Russell Wilson specifically mentioned as an example), a one-time career limitation on the use of the franchise tag, elimination of the transition tag, removal of two preseason games, elimination of compensatory draft picks, increase of roster size from 53 to 57 (with an 11-player practice squad), increase in the practice-squad salary to $20,000 per week, elimination of “contract splits,” elimination of certain exclusions from “all revenue,” such as Cowboys merchandising and Jets/Giants PSL fees, and restriction of the Commissioner’s judge-jury-executioner power.
Gilbert also extends a major carrot to the league, proposing an 18-game regular season and a shifting of the Super Bowl to President’s Day Weekend.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Great opportunity for small schoolers! Must check it out twitter.com/cgssmall/statu…
about 20 mins ago
- Draft Buzz: Catching up with Coastal Carolina Edge Jeffrey Gunter nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/jeffre… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/Vq3MZQvOca
about 22 mins ago
- ICYMI:Fantasy Doctors: Josh Jacobs Injury Update, Great News, but is it the dreaded high ankle sprain?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 26 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Kenny Pickett, QB, University of Pittsburgh nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/ryan-p… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 31 mins ago
- Week 12 Recap: Los Angeles Chargers vs Buffalo Bills ift.tt/39qKbxK
about 34 mins ago