Yesterday the agent of Orlando Scandrick the Cowboys cornerback stated something very interesting in an interview Pro Football Talk. He did not excuse Scandrick from the testing, but did take a shot at the NFLPA and the NFL.
“I do not excuse Orlando having tested positive for a banned stimulant,” Slavin said. “The current rules are what they are, and a player is responsible for what is in his body. However, I would like it known that it is my understanding that if the current proposed agreement related to HGH testing would have already been instituted, a very significant percentage of the players receiving ‘PED’ suspensions since the new CBA took effect would not have been suspended. Instead, these players, under the proposed new policy, would have been subjected to the Substance Abuse Policy and Program. More than 80 missed games, millions of dollars in fines and bonus repayments have been issued because the NFLPA and NFL cannot come to an agreement. The only people who are losing in this standoff are the players and fans.”
According to Pro Football Talk, the Commissioner Roger Goodell pointed out that 21 of 104 cases under the PED program since August 2011 would have been referred to the substance-abuse policy in lieu of a suspension, if an agreement on HGH testing had allowed the broader drug-testing policies and programs to be finalized. Previously, NFL senior vice president of labor policy and government affairs Adolpho Birch said that substances like Adderall could move from the PED policy to the substance-abuse policy under revised programs and policies.
So what do you think? Does the NFL benefit from not having a program in place?
In my opinion it is very obvious, the NFL needs something in place, they are obviously benefiting big time from the league not having a program. Scandrick’s agent made a very good point, and it makes you wonder if the NFL and NFLPA will now consider getting something done.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for November 23, 2020, Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 28 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: George Kittle Injury Update, Should you keep him or drop him in Fantasy?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 31 mins ago
- Last Chance:Cowboys Strength and Conditioning Coach Markus Paul passed away at the age of 54… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 33 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Giovani Bernard Injury Update, Bengals back is suffering from a concussion… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Raheem Mostert Injury Update, Will he return this week? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/raheem… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago