Today former San Diego Charger and New England Patriots safety Steve Gregory announced his retirement. Gregory had a short stint with the Patriots and played tremendous for them but now is hanging up his cleats at the age of 31.
Below is the full text of Gregory’s statement, via his agent David Canter.
It is with tremendous respect, appreciation, and admiration for the game of football that I’ve decided to announce my retirement effective immediately. After enter the game as an undrafted free agent, I was fortunate enough to play twice as long as the average player. This past offseason, my wife Rosanne and I were blessed to welcome a daughter, Aviana, and spending time with her has changed my life’s perspective. It is my hope to continue in football as a coach and I look forward to what the future holds. I’m tremendously happy with my decision and being able to walk away from this great game both healthy and on my own terms. I would be remiss in announcing my retirement without thanking my great family, coaches, teammates, scouts, trainers, agent and all of the fans that have supported me along the way.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for November 23, 2020, Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 49 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: George Kittle Injury Update, Should you keep him or drop him in Fantasy?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 53 mins ago
- Last Chance:Cowboys Strength and Conditioning Coach Markus Paul passed away at the age of 54… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 54 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Giovani Bernard Injury Update, Bengals back is suffering from a concussion… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Raheem Mostert Injury Update, Will he return this week? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/raheem… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago