Retired defensive tackle Josh Brent will meet with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell on Thursday in his bid to seek reinstatement to the league, according to Dallas Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones.
If Brent is cleared to return, Jones said the Cowboys would clear a roster spot for him.
He was sentenced to 180 days in jail and 10 years’ probation in January after being convicted of intoxication manslaughter. He spent the final 45 days of his sentence at Enterhealth, an alcohol and drug treatment center near Dallas.
Brent could face further punishment from the NFL’s personal conduct policy. Jones said he would not ask Goodell to speed up the reinstatement process.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Texas high school football player ejected from the game, and he viciously tackles the ref (VIDEO)… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 24 mins ago
- Did You See This:Draft Buzz: Catching up with Coastal Carolina RB C.J. Marable nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/c-j-ma… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 29 mins ago
- MLB Free Agent Profile: Tommy La Stella ift.tt/36JuEHI
about 45 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Christian Barmore, DL, University of Alabama nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/christ… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 46 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Wyatt Davis, OL, Ohio State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/wyatt-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/Cr4hgZF8ba
about 1 hour ago