The NFC West is a stacked division after years of being a laughingstock. The 49ers will be fighting it out with Seattle, Arizona, and St. Louis again this year. The team in San Francisco has numerous talents to help your team fight it out all year as well.
Star: Colin Kaepernick (QB)
13 Stats: 3197 yards, 24 TD, 13 INT, 92 carries-524 yards-4 TDs
Why He’s a Star: Kaepernick put up superb rushing stats last year to go along with mediocre passing ones. He was not able to make the leap in 2013 to elite fantasy QB. However, I believe 2014 will be his year to shine. It is realistic to think the 49ers QB will put up 3500 yards, 30 TDs, and 600 yards rushing. I would not hesitate having Kaepernick as my starting QB.
Avoid: Stevie Johnson (WR)
13 Stats: 52 catches-597 yards-3 TDs
Why to Avoid: While having an additional solid target helps Kaepernick’s game, Johnson will have to compete with Michael Crabtree, Anquan Boldin, and Vernon Davis for targets. He will have to get used to playing a minor role with his new team. Johnson is not worth a draft pick in most leagues.
Sleeper: Carlos Hyde (RB)
Why He’s A Sleeper: The 49ers love to run the football. We all know what Frank Gore is capable of, but Hyde will steal some carries. It also helped Hyde’s case when a rash of RB injuries struck camp leaving him as the clear number two back on the team. Hyde will be a solid late round pickup.
IDP to Watch: NaVorro Bowman (LB)
13 Stats: 120 tackles-25 assists-5 sacks-2 INTs
Why: We all know that Bowman is usually a solid LB1. However, he suffered a gruesome injury in the postseason. Bowman will most likely miss numerous games to start the year, but if you can afford drafting him, he will vault to the top of your LB list once fully healthy.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Richard LeCounte, S, University of Georgia nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/richar… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/bGJYRQEFBy
about 25 mins ago
- Fanelli’s Fave Five Prop Bets Special: Baltimore Ravens vs. Pittsburgh Steelers ift.tt/37yJBeW
about 25 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Seth Williams, WR, Auburn University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/seth-w… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/F1A9zHBW2G
about 46 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Alex Leatherwood, OL, University of Alabama nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/alex-l… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/25TgtWGIlr
about 57 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Javonte Williams, RB, University of North Carolina nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/javont… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago