On Tuesday, Josina Anderson appeared live on SportsCenter from Earth City, Mo. to report on various Rams topics. At the end of the segment, she was asked how Sam, the first openly gay player in NFL history, was fitting in with teammates. Anderson first quoted Sam’s fellow defensive lineman Kendall Langford, who called the rookie “just one of the guys.” Well that report has come back and bit them.
“ESPN regrets the manner in which we presented our report,” the network said in a statement posted at its media-relations website, via SportsBusiness Daily. “Clearly on Tuesday we collectively failed to meet the standards we have set in reporting on LGBT-related topics in sports.”
I don’t understand how this is even news, but I love to see ESPN apologizing.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- This is an awesome Story #FLORIDABOI twitter.com/GottliebShow/s…
about 29 mins ago
- Tonight Mike Tyson will fight Roy Jones Jr. Which Old Man will lose?
Pick the LOSER here
about 30 mins ago
- Yes it is! Go Gators! twitter.com/Da_MegaZoe/sta…
about 32 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for November 28, 2020, Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 33 mins ago
- Little Buddy crushed this! twitter.com/loneamorphous/…
about 38 mins ago