Oakland Raiders projected starting tight end David Ausberry is scheduled to have knee surgery and will miss Friday’s preseason opener against Minnesota. Dennis Allen confirmed after practice that David would be undergoing a knee surgery.
“He’s got a knee (injury),” Allen said. “It looks like we’re probably going to have to do a procedure on that knee, so he may be out for a little while.”
Mychal Rivera, a sixth-round draft pick in 2013 who was third on the team with 38 receptions, 407 yards and four touchdowns, is expected to replace Ausberry in the starting lineup, which is huge. While Ausberry is a very good run blocking tight end, the team could really open up with Rivera in the game more. It will be interesting to see how the injury affects the Raiders game plan this week.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for November 23, 2020, Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 54 mins ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: George Kittle Injury Update, Should you keep him or drop him in Fantasy?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 58 mins ago
- Did You See This:Cowboys Strength and Conditioning Coach Markus Paul passed away at the age of 54… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 59 mins ago
- Last Chance:Breaking: Seahawks are working out WR Darvin Kidsy nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/darvin… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/ErrVA9U22F
about 2 hours ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Giovani Bernard Injury Update, Bengals back is suffering from a concussion… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago