Today the Buffalo Bills placed Kiko Alonso their star second year linebacker on the NFI list, or non-football injury list. People are wondering what that is, and why wasn’t he put on the season ending injured reserve. Well first off, Kiko was injured on his own, not during a team activity which allows the team to place him on the NFI. Secondly, since his placed on the NFI, the team has the ability to bring him back after the sixth week of the season. Sort of like the PUP list.
During the preseason, the league also allows players with long-term, but not season-ending, injuries to be placed into one of two designations: physically unable to perform (PUP), for injuries sustained during the previous season or during training camp, or reserve/non-football injury, for injuries sustained outside of team or league activities (despite the name, this includes lingering injuries from college football play, should an injured player be drafted and join the team. Both designations are functionally identical in that the player can be promoted to the active roster by week 6 of the regular season or placed on injured reserve.
This makes the Bills fans a little happy and it should. Maybe Kiko’s knee is better than originally expected. Being that he is young, he might be back sooner rather than later…..
Remember Kiko did have a successfully surgery back on July 18th. He is already 5 weeks removed from the surgery. Add in another preseason week, and 6 regular season weeks and you have almost 12 weeks removed from an ACL tear. It might be more than enough time. Just Sayin….
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- He is with you every day. He will not depart from you! God Bless You All! https://t.co/YER1qrKVut
about 49 mins ago
- Coach Prime lands his first recruit at Jackson State! Former Mississippi State DB transfers to JSU… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 52 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for September 24, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Splash’s Week 3 Predictions ift.tt/32Z2vu2
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:One reason that can go against each AFC team in their race to win the Super Bowl… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago