Since entering the NFL, both Maurice Jones Drew and Darren McFadden were considered to be good fantasy football options, because they had some amazing GOD given talents, but boy have they came up short. Between the both of them they have only rushed for 4 1,000 yard seasons. That is not a great statistic, especially when you consider that is 16 years combined, when both were the main backs in their system. Well expect something different in 2014.
During an appearance with Howard Balzer and Mark Dominik of Sirius XM NFL Radio, left tackle Donald Penn, who is one of those new blockers, said that the Raiders are going to be committed to moving the ball on the ground during the 2014 season.
“We’re gonna run the ball, run the ball, then run it again, until the defense stops us,” Penn said.
Penn might be tipping his hand, but I truly feel that Matt Schaub is going to open the lanes. The Raiders are no longer just a running team, they have weapons all around. If the Raiders do plan to run the ball early and often that will be the best thing for MJD and DMac, because when they carry the ball more than 200 times they put up their best statistics. Two years ago MJD carried the ball 343 times himself. If DMac and MJD can both carry the ball around 220 times, I would expect the Raiders to have one hell of a rushing attack. That sounds like a lot of carries, but last year the Bills had the best running offense in the NFL, and both Fred Jackson (206) and C.J. Spiller (202) had more than 200 carries each.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:That Sports Guy’s Podcast: Tyler Witt, OL, Western Kentucky nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/tyler-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 46 mins ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: D.J. Moore Injury Update, Panthers WR suffered an Ankle/Achilles injury… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 52 mins ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Josh Jacobs Injury Update, Did the Raiders RB suffer a serious injury?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Daniel Jones Injury Report, Giants QB suffered a hamstring injury… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Has a point twitter.com/buffrumblings/…
about 2 hours ago