Chip Kelly brought a new style of offense to Philadelphia Eagles and the NFL. In doing this, he made stars out of Nick Foles and LeSean McCoy. Who else can benefit from being in this system? There are plenty of possibilities on this team.
Star: LeSean McCoy (RB)
13 Stats: 314 carries-1607 yards-9 TDs, 52 catches-540 yards-2 TDs
Why He’s a Star: McCoy would be a first round pick without his receiving stats. Throw in the extra PPR stats, and you have a top 3 overall pick. It’s not realistic to think he’ll have over 1600 yards again. He’ll also lose some receptions to newcomer Darren Sproles. However, McCoy could have 15-20 TDs in Philadelphia’s high-octane offense.
Avoid: Riley Cooper (WR)
13 Stats: 47 catches-835 yards-8 TDs
Why to Avoid: Cooper developed excellent chemistry with quarterback Nick Foles. His 8 touchdowns were a big bonus for a receiver who was drafted late or not at all. This year, Jeremy Maclin will be returning and Foles has other solid weapons like Sproles and Zach Ertz. So I expect a drop in yards and touchdowns.
Sleeper: Zach Ertz (TE)
Why He’s A Sleeper: According to Pro Football Focus, Ertz was last year’s 20th ranked tight end while only playing 41% of Philadelphia’s snaps. I would expect Ertz to see his playing time drastically increase which should also lead to a big stat increase. Ertz will be a low end TE1 with the chance to break in to the top 8 tight ends.
IDP to Watch: Malcolm Jenkins (DB)
13 Stats: 44 tackles-24 assists-2.5 sacks-2 INTs
Why: Jenkins fell out of favor with the New Orleans, but he quickly landed on his feet with the Eagles. Before 2013, Jenkins had 2 consecutive years of 75+ tackles. He should see plenty of opportunities in Philadelphia to accumulate tackles and a few sacks as well. Jenkins is a borderline DB2/3.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Ivory Scott, OL, Arkansas State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/ivory-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 17 mins ago
- Fantasy Doctors: Chris Carson Injury Update, Will he return in week 12? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/chris-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/uXyMukQN9V
about 25 mins ago
- Fantasy Doctors: Julio Jones Injury Update, Could he return this week? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/julio-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/3sLXJ0ulY9
about 29 mins ago
- Big News @DrJesseMorse twitter.com/danielrpopper/…
about 30 mins ago
- SPEED KILLS twitter.com/TRCKFTBLGUY/st…
about 30 mins ago