The Houston Texans had a very disappointing 2013. Usually with disappointment comes change. In Houston, that means a new head coach, new starting quarterback, and a very upset future hall-of-fame wide receiver. How will all of this affect your fantasy team?
Star: Arian Foster (RB)
13 Stats: 121 carries-542 yards-1 TD, 22 receptions-183 yards-1 TD
Why He’s a Star: Foster had a disappointing year in 2013 battling serious injuries, but he should bounce back in 2014. While Andre Brown will steal some carries, Foster should put up over 1,000 yards and 10 TDs. With Ryan Fitzpatrick as QB, Foster may see additional receptions as well. Arian Foster is worth a first or second round selection.
Avoid: Ryan Fitzpatrick (QB)
13 Stats: 217/329-2,462 yards, 14 TD, 12 INT, 44 carries-221 yards-3 TDs
Why to Avoid: Somehow Ryan Fitzpatrick has found him on another team where he’s being asked to start. While he may keep his teams in many games, he is not a reliable fantasy QB. While he does put up extra points with his rushing abilities, his interceptions can bring your team down.
Sleeper: DeAndre Hopkins (WR)
Why He’s A Sleeper: Hopkins put up solid numbers as a rookie in Houston. He is in even a better situation this year. If Andre Johnson is with the team, Hopkins will continue to see single coverage. If Johnson departs, Hopkins will see his targets rise dramatically. Hopkins may reach 1,000 yards in his sophomore season.
IDP to Watch: Brian Cushing (LB)
13 Stats: 36 tackles-12 assists-1.5 sacks-1 INT
Why: Cushing has the ability to be a top-10 linebacker in fantasy football. The only thing holding Cushing back is his injuries. He has missed 20 games in the past two seasons. If, and that’s a big if, he stays healthy, he will be a LB1. However, I would not want him to be anything more than a LB2 on my team.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Hunter Nourzad, OL, Cornell University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/07/hunter… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Patrick Robinson, LB, Culver Stockton College… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for July 27, 2021 | Workouts, Signings and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/07/transa… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago
- Did You See This:2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Hunter Nourzad, OL, Cornell University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/07/hunter…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago
- Did You See This:2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Patrick Robinson, LB, Culver Stockton College… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 5 hours ago
By: Chris DiCerbo The entire University of Nevada football team is looking to impress...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Jerome Howard. Together we...
2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview on The Slightly Personal Podcast: Kyriq McDonald DB Missouri State
When it comes to adversity at the collegiate level, Kyriq McDonald is a prime...
POSITION: Cornerback CLASS: Senior HEIGHT: 6-0 WEIGHT: 194 HOMETOWN: League City, Texas HIGH SCHOOL:...