The Atlanta Falcons had a horrible year in 2013 and are looking to bounce back in 2014. Their roster contains many players you should consider adding to your team on draft day. Here’s a look at some possible players to add and avoid.
Star: Roddy White (WR)
13 Stats: 63 catches-711 yards-3 TD
Why He’s a Star: We all know that Julio Jones is the number one option. We also know that Harry Douglas came on strong when White was injured last year. The third thing we know is that until the last few weeks of the year, White struggled as well. However, with Tony Gonzalez finally retiring, Atlanta will see a change in target distribution, which is great news for all 3 top receivers. Expect a bounce back year from White that should put him at a high WR2/low WR1 level.
Avoid: Steven Jackson (RB)
13 Stats: 157 carries-543 yards-6 TD, 33 catches-191 yards-1 TD
Why to Avoid: Anytime a RB is over 30, red flags instantly go up. Add on games missed due to injury and one of the worst YPG when facing a base defense, and you have a RB bust. The only positive to Jackson’s game is he still had 6 touchdowns last year in limited time. He should continue to see goal-line touches. Draft with caution.
Sleepers: Levine Toilolo (TE)
Why He’s A Sleeper: It’s never easy trying to replace a future hall of famer. One thing that Toilolo has going for him is a scheme change where there should be more 3 WR sets. That may not seem like a positive, but it will allow the TE to get familiar with the offense with less pressure. As the year goes, expect for Toilolo to see more targets and be a fringe TE prospect.
IDP to Watch: William Moore (DB)
13 Stats: 67 tackles, 19 assists, 2 sacks, 3 interceptions
Why: Moore has never reached the 100-tackle mark and probably will not start this year. However, Moore can produce points in other ways. Two sacks, 3 forced fumbles, 2 fumble recoveries, and 3 interceptions proved this in 2013. Moore should produce more big plays for a Falcons defense that needs them.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- 2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Stephon Huderson, RB, McNeese State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/08/stepho… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 45 mins ago
- 2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Devin Washington, DB, Angelo State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/08/devin-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 55 mins ago
- ICYMI:2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Devin Washington, DB, Angelo State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/08/devin-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 59 mins ago
- Are you kidding me? People dog this kid, he has a freaking heart! I hope he balls out for the haters. They talked… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- With the..... twitter.com/wojespn/status…
about 1 hour ago
By: Chris DiCerbo The entire University of Nevada football team is looking to impress...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Jerome Howard. Together we...
2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview on The Slightly Personal Podcast: Kyriq McDonald DB Missouri State
When it comes to adversity at the collegiate level, Kyriq McDonald is a prime...
POSITION: Cornerback CLASS: Senior HEIGHT: 6-0 WEIGHT: 194 HOMETOWN: League City, Texas HIGH SCHOOL:...