Dion Jordan’s biggest problem when coming out of Oregon was his weight issue, but now it could become a bigger problem.
It was no secret Jordan had to get stronger to become an every-down defensive end. Holding up against the run was the primary concern of Miami’s coaching staff last season, and it’s why Jordan played almost exclusively on third downs and obvious passing situations.
Jordan, 24, got noticeably stronger this off-season. That was evident during organized team activities and mini camp; Jordan’s upper body and arms were bigger and more well-defined. He said he’s about 17 pounds heavier than a year ago. Having a breakout season didn’t seem far-fetched.
But Jordan hurt himself and the Dolphins before a crucial season in which the team must make the playoffs or risk wholesale changes.
“I recently learned from the NFL that I tested positive for stimulants that are banned under the NFL policy,” Jordan said in a statement. “I worked carefully with my advisors and the union to investigate the test results, and I take full responsibility for the test results.
“I’m very sorry for the impact of this situation on my teammates, coaches, [owner] Stephen Ross, the entire Dolphins organization, fans and my family as well. I will continue to work extremely hard during training camp and preseason. During the suspension, I will stay in top shape and will be ready to contribute upon my return.”
If Jordan gained that weight from the Performance Enhancing Drugs, I would expect him to lose it quickly. This is the same problem Aaron Maybin had for Buffalo a few years ago. The kid had pure raw talent but struggled when it came to keeping his weight up.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- TNF Fantasy Preview: Houston Texans vs. Detroit Lions ift.tt/3l7bG1m
about 10 mins ago
- Fantasy Doctors: Teddy Bridgewater Injury Update, Teddy is practicing today… nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/teddy-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 26 mins ago
- ICYMI:That Sports Guy’s Week 12 Fantasy Football Rankings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/darren… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/P2MLNZD712
about 37 mins ago
- Fantasy Doctors: Kyler Murray Injury Report, Can you fire him up this week? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/kyler-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 42 mins ago
- ICYMI:Draft Buzz: Catching up with Middle Tennessee WR C.J. Windham nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/c-j-wi… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/om2LHmDjec
about 50 mins ago