Owner Pat Bowlen is giving up control of the Denver Broncos, acknowledging that he is suffering from Alzheimer’s disease. Team president Joe Ellis will assume control of the organization, as Bowlen concentrates on his health.
Bowlen, 70, has no intention of selling the team.
@ESPNStatsInfo: Broncos owner Pat Bowlen steps down due to Alzheimer’s. Since he was named owner in 1984, team’s .604 win pct is 2nd-best in NFL.
“This is a sad day for the NFL,” Commissioner Roger Goodell said in a statement. “Pat Bowlen’s leadership has been critical to the success of the Broncos and the entire NFL. From building a championship team that is a pillar of the community to his important work for the league on television and labor matters, Pat’s love of the game drove him and we have all benefited from his passion and wisdom. But the time has come for Pat to focus on his health and we fully support him. Joe Ellis has been a trusted executive for Pat for many years after working with us at the league office. Joe’s deep experience ensures that the Broncos will continue to have strong leadership.”
This is sad, and if the Broncos want to win, this is the time.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: What did Texans WR Will Fuller take? Breaking down Doping in Sports… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 30 mins ago
- Tennessee Vols Starting Edge Rusher Kivon Bennett arrested on weapons and drug charges nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/kivon-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 36 mins ago
- Last Chance:Chargers RB Austin Ekeler should be a must start week 13 after returning from his injury… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 37 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Aidan Hogan, TE, Husson University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/aidan-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/AxCKpg1HJV
about 57 mins ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Trevon Moehrig, S, Texas Christian University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/trevon…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago