The Dallas Cowboys have had several discussions with the agent for receiver Dez Bryant about a lucrative, long-term extension, but the sides are not close to a deal as the team opens training camp, according to ESPN.
I feel Dez Bryant is a top 5 wide out in the NFL and needs to get paid like one. Bryant also believes he has earned the right to be among the highest-paid receivers in the league, but he understands he likely will have to wait to cash in with a new contract. Coming off his first Pro Bowl appearance, Bryant is entering the final year of his rookie deal and is due to make $1.78 million this season.
“It feels good to know that things are being talked about, but I’m going to let it take care of itself,” Bryant told ESPNDallas.com after the Cowboys’ first practice of camp Thursday. “I feel like as long as I take care of business on that field, the rest will be taken care of.”
What do you think? Should the Cowboys open the checkbook for Dez?
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Pat Freiermuth, TE, Penn State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/pat-fr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/6ZgSUIddJK
about 12 mins ago
- Top Fantasy Streamers for Week 12 ift.tt/39fay9I
about 17 mins ago
- ICYMI:Fantasy Football: Week 12 Waiver Wire Report nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/waiver… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/SzjuQpUTOs
about 23 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: D’Wayne Eskridge, WR/DB, Western Michigan University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/dwayne… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 31 mins ago
- Oh No!!!! Ravens about to mess up Thanksgiving
about 34 mins ago