The Pittsburgh Steelers have informed quarterback Ben Roethlisberger that they will not sign him to a long-term contract until after the 2014 season.
This might not be smart, because Big Ben has tons of weapons in Pittsburgh this year. If the defense holds up this team could make a run at the Super Bowl.
Team president Art Rooney II told Steelers.com he met with Roethlisberger last month and that the Steelers have also talked to Ryan Tollner, Roethlisberger’s agent, about their intention of getting a new contract done with their franchise quarterback after this season.
The going rate for QB’s is 18 to 20 million a year. If they go deep in the playoffs, expect Ben to demand more than 20 a year.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Draft Buzz: Catching up with Mississippi State University DB Shawn Preston nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/shawn-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 19 mins ago
- Turkey Day Picks, Predictions, and Fantasy Sleepers nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/turkey… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/zE6XADAzec
about 24 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Nico Collins, WR, University of Michigan nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/nico-c… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/0O5DGLXSQZ
about 29 mins ago
- Turkey Day Picks, Predictions, and Fantasy Sleepers nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/turkey… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/uaJg0eNyFp
about 30 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Tariq Castro-Fields, CB, Penn State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/tariq-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 31 mins ago