Will Smith is ready to tackle the NFL’s concussion problem as he is in talks to star in the untitled drama based on the GQ article “Game Brain” for Scott Free and Sony.
Peter Landesman (“Parkland”) is on board to write and direct.
According to Variety.com, Smith will be the doctor who finds out about CTE in the NFL.
The article was written by Jeanne Marie Laskas and follows Dr. Bennet Omalu, played by Smith, the forensic neuropathologist who single-handedly made the first discovery of CTE in a professional football player and brought awareness to the public. Story is described as a whistle-blower tale in the vein of “The Insider” humanizing the price paid by professional athletes in impact sports — and the political, cultural and corporate interests that fuel the business of professional sports.
Dallas Cowboys former running back Tony Dorsett suffers from CTE, and this movie could benefit him and his family.
I think this movie will be super powerful and could cost the NFL millions. Former NFL players will ask for more money, what do you think?
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for November 23, 2020, Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/nfl-tr…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 31 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: David Montgomery Injury Update, Is he playing week 12? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/david-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 38 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Christian McCaffrey Injury Update, He is expected to practice today!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 44 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Kellen Mond, QB, Texas A&M nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/kellen…
about 49 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Cameron Sample, DT, Tulane University - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/camero…
about 50 mins ago