Maurice Jones-Drew was my worst running back in Fantasy Football last year, and he obviously was not happy with performance as well. MJD was contemplating retirement after his horrid season in 2013.
“For awhile, I was contemplating retirement because I just didn’t feel like I had it anymore,” Jones-Drew told the Los Angeles Times earlier this month. “But that wasn’t the case. My trainer helped me get back in shape and gain that foundation that I’d lost with the surgery.”
MJD, 29, had never earned a per carry average of under 4.2 prior to last year’s struggles. He just was not the same back, and he knew it.
“I watched the same tape and I’d say, ‘Man, why’d I do this? Why didn’t I do that?'” he said. “Part of it was, just physically, I wasn’t able to do some of the same things I’m used to doing.”
I think his career will be rejuvenated this year in Oakland. I expect a big year in 2014 from The Pocket Hercules.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:NFL Draft Prospect Free Agent Interview: Troy Porter, Offensive Lineman nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/troy-p…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 23 mins ago
- I'm hearing they are looking at CB's too twitter.com/salsports/stat…
about 26 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: CJ Anderson, Defensive Tackle nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/cj-and…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 28 mins ago
- Dang twitter.com/laurenthomas/s…
about 31 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: Terry Hunter Jr., Running Back nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/terry-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 39 mins ago