Let’s face it, a rookie quarterback is going to have a few good and bad days, but today I think Johnny Football Manziel wishes he could have back.
Running with the first-team offense in the first 11-on-11 drill of Tuesday’s practice, Manziel threw his first pass over the middle. No one was around but safety Donte Whitner, who intercepted the pass and ran for what probably would have been an easy defensive touchdown.
After shaking off a little of the rust, Manziel started to get comfortable.
A few plays after he stared down his receiver and had his out route intercepted along the sideline by Joe Haden, Manziel threw a long floater along the other sideline that Haden couldn’t reach and veteran Anthony Armstrong caught for what would have been a long touchdown.
Probably the play of the day came late in practice when Manziel rolled right and threw back to his left on what looked like a designed rollout/throwback to Jordan Cameron. Two defenders were on Cameron all the way — one, strangely, was nose tackle Ishmaa’ily Kitchen — but the throw went over the heads of both defenders and fell into Cameron’s outstretched arms.
I think Johnny Football will be fine, but his first time in 11-on-11’s did not go the way he wanted them too. Expect tomorrow to be better.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Good twitter.com/tmz_sports/sta…
about 6 mins ago
- If you would have asked me who would win tonight I would have said the Ravens. I thought being at home would help. So far it isn’t
about 7 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for September 28, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 13 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for September 28, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 21 mins ago
- Coaches Hot Seat: Three head coaches that need to be fired after Week 3 - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/hot-se…
about 28 mins ago