Sports Ruckus writer Justin Walters has graded the entire NFC North, and some Vikings fans might not like his grading, but he has some very valid points. Let’s see what the Vikings finished with.
This is a team I always look forward to seeing draft. I am kind of a fan of foolishness (not talking about the Christian Ponder pick) but I run to the TV every time I hear my favorite words “Vikings are on the clock”. It all started the year they missed their pick, causing a free for all, as teams sprinted to the commish with their picks until the puzzled Vikings figured out “Hey it’s our turn”. A year later, much to my delight the same thing happened. So imagine my disgust this year as I prepared for my annual Vikings countdown 5-4-3-2- and they pick Anthony Barr, a guy that I feel will be a star in this league despite the so-called experts saying he doesn’t play the run blah- blah- blah. Plain and simple Teams pay pass rushers and this kid rushes the passer better than almost anybody in this draft and he hadn’t even reached his potential.
We are not done there, as I am getting ready to watch the playoff teams draft, the Vikings pop up again trading back into the first rd and as if trying to fix all of the wrongs of the past take a QB Teddy”the Glove” Bridgewater. Despite a gloveless pro day where Teddy threw so many ducks that Elmer Fudd would have had a field day, Teddy was a good pick for the Vikes and should be an upgrade at the QB position. At the end of the day Minnesota had an above average draft, filled some holes and look to be on the way up.
Anthony Barr DE
Teddy Bridgewater QB
Scott Crichton DE
Jerrick McKinnon RB
David Yankey G
Antone Exum S/CB
Kendall James CB
Shamar Stephens DT
Brandon Watt LB
Jabari Price CB
Barr is an explosive edge rusher who could be a star
Bridgewater has all of the skills you look for in a starting QB except the arm strength. (the size thing doesn’t bother me)
Crichton gets off the ball and is a relentless pass rusher
McKinnon is a converted QB who became a dynamic all purpose RB. He should spell Adrian Peterson during one of his rare breaks.
Yankey is a powerful run blocker who may struggle in pass protection.
Exum is a prospect who played CB and Safety at VT with some success. He has potential to be a good safety as a pro.
Final Grade: Minnesota Vikings B
Do you go watch the Vikings play? If so you can save money by using Ticket Monster, our newest partners.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Houston Miller, DL, Texas Tech nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/housto… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for April 19, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- If you are an athlete, and you ache, you need an EXOGUN! | Exogun DreamPro Scouting Report and Product Review… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Robert Jones, OL, Middle Tennessee State nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/robert…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Houston Miller, DL, Texas Tech nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/housto… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago