Sports Ruckus writer Justin Walters has graded the entire NFC North, and some Lions fans might not like his grading, but he has some very valid points. Let’s see what the Lions finished with.
There are certain teams you can count on to shake up the draft by making a head scratching move. Most of those teams got it right this year but not the old reliable Lions. The buzz was that they would take another 1st rd receiver instead of some much needed defensive help but they tricked us and took Surprise a receiving tight end who prefers not to block. Huh! Don’t get me wrong Ebron is a talented player who a lot of teams had their eye on but that back 7 was just so horrible last season. They recovered a little with their 2nd round pick Van Noy from BYU, he kept the grade from getting really ugly.
Not really sure what their plan was, maybe it’s to just give QB Matt Stafford as many weapons as they can and just try to outscore everyone. At least that is some kind of plan but like the great Mike Tyson said “Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth” and I am sure they will. The Packers, Bears, and even the Vikings upgraded their Defenses but as the Lions always say “Contrary to what you believe Defenses don’t win championships Wide Receivers do.”
Eric Ebron TE
Kyle Van Noy OLB
Travis Swanson C
Nevin Lawson CB
Larry Webster TE
Caraun Reid DT
TJ Jones WR
Nate Freese K
Ebron is an explosive receiving tight end. I like him just thought with all of the secondary players available at that spot they could have taken one.
Love Van Noy, he does everything well and finds a way to make plays . He should come in and start from day one.
Swanson is a solid hard nosed center
Reid is an aggressive DT who could surprise if he can find a way to get on the field with the talent Detroit already has at the position
Final Grade: Detroit Lions C-
Make sure you follow Sports Ruckus on twitter and let them know if you agree or disagree with their grading.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Larry Rountree III, RB, University of Missouri nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/larry-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 12 mins ago
- ICYMI:Cardinals QB Kyler Murray did not participate in open practice this morning (Injury Update)… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 17 mins ago
- ICYMI:Rex Burkhead tweets he will be back in 2021 after suffering an ACL injury nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/rex-bu… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 34 mins ago
- ICYMI:Falcons WR Julio Jones could end up being a game-time decision week 12 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/julio-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 43 mins ago
- Pickard’s Week 12 Fantasy Football Rankings ift.tt/3pSlxMl
about 46 mins ago