I don’t know what happened in just one day, but last night it came out that Dan Marino was attempting to sue the NFL for concussions, and now he is pulling his name out of the suit. The Los Angeles Times reported last night that the former quarterback joined 14 other players to sue the league.
According to the Sun Sentinel, Marino, 52, and his lawyers will be in discussions to withdraw from the lawsuit that was filed in U.S. District Court in Philadelphia
“It was never Marino’s intention to initiate litigation in this case, but to ensure that in the event he had adverse health consequences down the road, he would be covered with health benefits. They are working to correct the error,” a source said to the Sun-Sentinel.
I don’t know if Marino was contacted by the NFL and the players association, but that suit didn’t last long. If Marino was to sue and win, the NFL would look bad.
People close to Dan Marino were concerned his conversations with CEO Tom Garfinkel about a position with Dolphins jeopardized by NFL lawsuit
6/3/14 1:58 PM
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Can the Kansas City Chiefs Remain the Favorites to Win Super Bowl LV? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/super-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/4i5Dd9C8tU
about 24 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for September 21, 2020; Roster Cuts, Daily Workouts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/transa… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 42 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Draft Diamonds owner Damond Talbot joins Daddy’s Ball Podcast nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/daddys… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/69chDfYPce
about 49 mins ago
- Week 2 Recap: New York Giants vs. Chicago Bears ift.tt/3iShWK3
about 1 hour ago
- Top Famous NFL Footballers that Didn’t Go to College nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-16/ #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/BkYxuIsX90
about 1 hour ago