The Tampa Bay Buccaneers released veteran Tom Crabtree on Saturday. Crabtree was signed as a free agent from Green Bay last year and the hope was he could be an all-around tight end. But injuries prevented Crabtree from making much of an impact.
Crabtree is a very solid pass catching tight end and became expendable when the Bucs drafted Austin Seferian Jenkins.
“We have some numbers at tight end and it wasn’t looking really good for him,’’ Smith said. “Whenever I see that maybe it’s not going to work out for a veteran, I try to give him an opportunity to get on with someone else. That was the case with Tom. He’s a good football player and he’s played some good ball in the league.’’
The thing is what team could use a player like Tom Crabtree?
I would expect the Dolphins, the Jaguars, the Patriots, the Bills and the Cardinals to all explore the options.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Week 3 Preview: Tennessee Titans vs. Minnesota Vikings ift.tt/3mMCc29
about 3 mins ago
- Last Chance:Bengals rookie QB Joe Burrow feels he took major strides last week and he just wants a win… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 15 mins ago
- Last Chance:Are the Dolphins scared to play Tua because he has still not been hit? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/tua-2/ #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 24 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for September 24, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 28 mins ago
- Last Chance:Chiefs rookie defensive back L’Jarius Sneed is playing like the steal of the 2020 NFL Draft… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 39 mins ago