The Tampa Bay Buccaneers released veteran Tom Crabtree on Saturday. Crabtree was signed as a free agent from Green Bay last year and the hope was he could be an all-around tight end. But injuries prevented Crabtree from making much of an impact.
Crabtree is a very solid pass catching tight end and became expendable when the Bucs drafted Austin Seferian Jenkins.
“We have some numbers at tight end and it wasn’t looking really good for him,’’ Smith said. “Whenever I see that maybe it’s not going to work out for a veteran, I try to give him an opportunity to get on with someone else. That was the case with Tom. He’s a good football player and he’s played some good ball in the league.’’
The thing is what team could use a player like Tom Crabtree?
I would expect the Dolphins, the Jaguars, the Patriots, the Bills and the Cardinals to all explore the options.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Make sure you share the truth on @AaronDonald97 He did not hit anyone, he broke up the damn fight! Y'all owe him an… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 25 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Monte Seabrook, DB, Livingstone College nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/monte-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 27 mins ago
- Video Evidence released showing Rams DT Aaron Donald did not hit anyone, he actually broke up the fight | Must See… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 28 mins ago
- Video evidence showing Rams DT Aaron Donald broke up the fight in Pittsb... youtu.be/3-bk0Y-i13E via @YouTube
about 31 mins ago
- Were the 49ers ever really looking at Mac Jones? Or is he the next Ryan Nassib? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/mac-jo… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago