Today Time Magazine had an interesting piece on the highest paid cornerback in the NFL Richard Sherman, and boy was it interesting. Sherman was asked all sorts of questions, but the one that was the best response was whether he thought the NFL would ban an owner for a racist remark ala the way the NBA handled Donald Sterling.
NBA commissioner Adam Silver banned Donald Sterling for life. Do you think if an NFL owner made similar comments, would commissioner Roger Goodell react in the same way, and do you think an owner would be banned for life?
“No I don’t. Because we have an NFL team called the Redskins. I don’t think the NFL really is as concerned as they show. The NFL is more of a bottom line league. If it doesn’t effect their bottom line, they’re not as concerned.” – Richard Sherman
The highest paid corner took a jab at the Redskins owner with that statement, and now that he has been paid I highly doubt he will remain quiet about crazy situations.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:NFL Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: Peterson Apollon, Wide Receiver nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/peters… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 24 mins ago
- ICYMI:DO NOT TRADE FOR AARON RODGERS nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/aaron-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/gwWGTvg4Oj
about 32 mins ago
- Did You See This:Former Miami Hurricanes football player Alexander Figueroa has been arrested again for rape… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 57 mins ago
- Imagine that! Casey Hayward signing with the Raiders
about 1 hour ago
- Casey Hayward is officially a Raider!
about 1 hour ago