Remember folks, it is Smokescreen season. People are smashing players, people in the media are making noise for players, but remember at the end of the day, they might be bashing a player to get him to fall past another team so the team bashing the player can select him.
If you remember a few years ago, the Buffalo Bills and GM Buddy Nix came out in the media saying Cordy Glenn was not good enough to play tackle, and that he was considered a guard. People obviously listened to the veteran scout who had put numerous NFL players in a position to succeed. When the Bills selected in the 2nd round guess who they drafted? They drafted their starting left tackle Cordy Glenn. The Bills are not the only team, but they use the smokescreen approach quite a bit.
Last year the Bills had about 15-30 draft people saying they were considering Ryan Nassib with the 8th pick in the draft. When the Bills were on the clock they traded down with the Rams. This is when everyone including myself thought they would draft Ryan Nassib, because it was the offensive coordinator’s and head coaches college quarterback and his stock was apparently on the rise. Well it didn’t happen people. The Bills selected EJ Manuel and Nassib was not even selected until round 4.
All I am saying is don’t believe all the hype, because most of it is teams just throwing trash out there to see who bites.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Put some respect on these names. Three QB’s that deserve more love nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/respec… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 54 mins ago
- Last Chance:Are the Dolphins scared to play Tua because he has still not been hit? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/tua-2/ #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 56 mins ago
- Last Chance:Washington Football Team’s Chase Young is on pace for 20 sacks in 2020 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/chase-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 57 mins ago
- Last Chance:There are 11 teams in the NFL that are 0-2 which team has the best shot to land Trevor Lawrence?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 57 mins ago
- Last Chance:Patriots owner Robert Kraft beat the sex spa case in court; All charges have been dismissed… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 58 mins ago