Undrafted free agents are usually just happy to sign a deal with an NFL club, because they can finally fulfill their dream of being a super star, but that is not always the case. For example, when a player that is rated high does not receive a phone call on draft day, he could get bombarded by teams after the draft trying to sign him. NFL teams had 75k last year to sign all their undrafted free agents. The usual amount is between 2,500 dollars and 7,500 dollars, but every year you find a player that lands a contract in the terms of 30,000 such as Travaris Cadet did a few years go from the Saints.
That number has increased this year, allowing teams to have 80,362 dollars according to Pro Football Talk. Remember that is not for just one player, that is for all the players remaining to fill out the roster.
This is not a lot of money, but at the end of the day, guys like Fred Jackson are thankful for that little check, because it turned into a future after outworking a player that was selected.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Column: Red Sox Already Won Brandon Workman Trade ift.tt/2ZSyaf0
about 7 mins ago
- Week 2 Preview: Denver Broncos vs. Pittsburgh Steelers ift.tt/3my6uWn
about 7 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for September 18, 2020; Signings, Roster Cuts, and Daily Workouts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 9 mins ago
- ICYMI:NCAA Football Predictions 2020 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/ncaa-f… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/oQsyR8YolA
about 31 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for September 18, 2020; Signings, Roster Cuts, and Daily Workouts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews
about 54 mins ago