Sammy Watkins was a hot commodity in the 2014 NFL Draft, because the kid is a younger, faster, stronger Anquan Boldin. Boldin has been pretty successful in the NFL since entering the league, and I expect Watkins to put up big numbers. Since 2002, the top wide outs drafted in the top 6 have put up some pretty decent numbers.
DRAFTED IN THE TOP SIX (since 2002)
1. AJ Green – 1057 receiving yards, 7 touchdowns
2. Julio Jones – 959 receiving yards, 8 touchdowns
3. Larry Fitzgerald – 780, 8 touchdowns
4. Andre Johnson 976, 4 touchdowns
5. Justin Blackmon – 865, 5 touchdowns
6. Calvin Johnson – 756, 4 touchdowns
7. Braylon Edwards – 512, 3 touchdowns
8. Charles Rogers 243, 3 touchdowns
I expect Watkins to put up better numbers than A.J. Green in his rookie year. The Buffalo Bills are a run first team, and that is obvious with Fred Jackson, C.J. Spiller, Bryce Brown and Anthony Dixon, but if you want to win in the NFL you have to be balanced. Sammy Watkins will be the guy that catches the majority of the balls in Buffalo. If he fills the number one spot for Stevie Johnson and is targeted the same amount of times (75 plus), I would expect Sammy to break the numbers of the previous guys. Stevie Johnson was injured last year, but the three years previous to last, he caught 70 plus balls, and averaged 6 to 7 touchdowns a season. He also went over 1000 yards in each of those seasons.
Sammy Watkins is way faster than Stevie Johnson, has better hands than Stevie and has the potential to be the best player in the NFL for YAC since Terrell Owens. I expect Watkins to touch the ball at least 14 times a game. I would think the Bills target him quite a bit, no matter how they use him, I think he will be a very good fantasy football option. The team will need to open up the lanes for the power run game, and the only way to do that is have a balanced attack. Expect Sammy (if healthy) to win Offensive Rookie of the Year.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for May 10th, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Roster Cuts and Workouts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 7 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft: Non-Power 5 Conference Report | 49 Draft Picks were from Non-Power 5! | 18.9 percent of… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 31 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Draft: 5 Year Draft Averages by Position (2021-2017) nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/draft-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/8rsnXL8f7f
about 39 mins ago
- Last Chance:Jaguars sign Tim Tebow!!! The Gators legendary QB is back in the NFL nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/tim-te… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 53 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: Thomas Reed III, Defensive Lineman nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/thomas…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
By: Josh Shippen 33. Jacksonville Jaguars – Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU 34. New York...
Podcast Description: Beyond The Negotiation hosted by NFL Agents Sam Tiger and Hygens Succes takes listeners on...
In this episode we talk about Dillon Gabriel‘s performance under the new offensive scheme...
Zack Moss is ready for this upcoming season. Moss also wants to silence the...