We have seen this before back when Eli Manning was drafted by the San Diego Chargers, but could this actually happen again? Well according to Don Banks of SI.com, Johnny Manziel is not a fan of playing for the small market Jacksonville Jaguars.
I’ve also heard that Manziel himself isn’t wild about the idea of landing in Jacksonville, one of the NFL’s smaller markets, and that the Jaguars would not be his first choice of employers. It’s not a preference based on people, only location. But Manziel doesn’t get to choose his new workplace address, and quarterback-needy Jacksonville remains very much a possibility as his ultimate destination. There was a Houston Chronicle report on Wednesday morning that had momentum building for the Manziel-Jaguars marriage to unfold Thursday night.
If Manziel is in fact selected by the Jags, could he hold out? I think Manziel will accept the role and do his best, but he might not be too thrilled.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Fanelli’s Fave Five Prop Bets for MNF: Los Angeles Rams vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers ift.tt/3pQTyfU
about 11 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Trevon Grimes, WR, University of Florida nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/trevon… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/n0LNjaszSk
about 34 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Ian Book, QB, Notre Dame nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/ian-bo… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/PhaRpBvmuE
about 44 mins ago
- Fitchburg State Freshman football player Desmond Clayton shot and killed at the age of 19 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/desmon…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 56 mins ago
- Draft Buzz: Catching up with Tennessee Volunteers, OT/OG Jerome Carvin nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/jerome… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/Enx7dUvGKG
about 56 mins ago