Let’s face it, there are some crazy sick wide receiver combos in the NFL now a days, but not every team is as lucky as these five teams. Here are my top 5 wide receiver combos, and a few combos that I feel are up and coming.
1. Chicago Bears have the best one two punch in the game. Let’s face it, they shined last year with Josh McCown at the helm. Alshon Jeffery and Brandon Marshall are two very special players, and it is obvious who is the best in the NFL. Last year both of these studs finished the season over a 1000 yards. The combined for 19 touchdowns, and were both Pro Bowlers last year.
2. The Atlanta Falcons still have a very nasty receiving core, and my number 2 rated core, even though they both had injuries last year. Both of these guys are deep threats, and we saw how important the two of them were to the Falcons when they sat out. These two players have big time abilities, and when they are healthy not many secondaries can control them.
3. Demaryius Thomas and Wes Welker have to remain on this list, because they have the greatest quarterback over the past decade. With Eric Decker leaving town to New York, these two standouts will get increased reps. I would expect both Thomas and Welker to be over 1000 yards this year barring injuries, and leading their team back to the AFC Conference Championship.
4. Pierre Garcon and Desean Jackson might be the most explosive core in the NFL. Robert Griffin III, has some mighty weapons in D.C., and I expect them to shine this year. The middle of the field in Washington will be wide open, because safeties will be afraid of the two burners speed. I would expect them to have a huge year, and RG3 bouncing back.
5. You better put the San Francisco 49ers on this list, because they no longer have just two weapons, they now have three. This team has three Pro-Bowl caliber players on their team at the wide receiver position and I expect Colin Kaepernick to have a huge season. Michael Crabtree, Anquan Boldin and new comer Stevie Johnson, might be the best receiver core in the NFL, but they fall to number 5 until they prove they can work together. I expect this team to go all the way this year.
Here are six solid wide receiver combos, that are on their way up my list. (Reggie Wayne/T.Y. Hilton – Indy), (A.J. Green/Marvin Jones – Cin), (Mike Wallace, Brian Hartline-Mia), (Miles Austin, Josh Gordon, Earl Bennett – Clev), (Vincent Jackson/Mike Evans – TB) and (Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods, Mike Williams – Buf).