Minnesota is meeting with seemingly every available quarterback in the run up to the draft, and Eastern Illinois’ Jimmy Garoppolo is the latest. Garoppolo, the FCS player of the year in 2013, worked out for the Vikings on Friday, The Star-Tribune reported.
Though he does seem to be gaining some momentum as a prospect, Garoppolo still looks to be a second-round pick. If the quarterback-needy Vikings don’t target a quarterback at that spot, they could look to grab one when they pick eighth in the second round (40th overall). Garoppolo is a fit for that spot.
Garoppolo (6-foot-2, 226 pounds) led all of college football with 53 touchdown passes in 2013, when he threw for 5,050 yards. During 2013, he broke school single-season and career records belonging to Tony Romo and Sean Payton.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Fantasy Doctors: Terry McLaurin Injury Review | Will the Washington star WR recovery? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/fantas… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 43 mins ago
- That Sports Guy’s Podcast: Collin Hill, QB, South Carolina nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/collin… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/UHNTnLenrP
about 50 mins ago
- Jake Funk, RB, Maryland | 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Zoom Interview nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/jake-f… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/ObBP3PgShc
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for March 4, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/nfl-tr…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for March 4, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 6 hours ago