On Thursday, the Houston Texans officially exercised the fifth-year option on the rookie contract of J.J.Watt, according to ESPN.com. This is great news, because it means the team will keep their former 11th overall pick another year, making him a free agent in 2016.
J.J. Watt was the 11th overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, which is important to remember because members of the 2011 draft class were the first ones who signed a rookie contract under terms of the most recent collective bargaining agreement.
With the first overall pick in 2014, the team is expected to add Jadeveon Clowney from South Carolina. This could be one of the scariest defenses come mid season. It was an easy decision to pick up Watt, but will it be an easy decision to draft Clowney? We will find out in a little over 20 days.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Mike Leach’s first game in the SEC was fun and he punched LSU in the mouth nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/mike-l… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 25 mins ago
- Did You See This:Mississippi State QB K.J. Costello becomes the first SEC QB EVER to throw for 600 yards in one gam… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 26 mins ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Football: Week 3 Sunday Sleeper Squad nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/fantas… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/Ycm9MBsKzm
about 44 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for September 26, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 50 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Elijah Dotson, RB, Sacramento State nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/elijah… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago