Today the Pittsburgh Steelers elected to pick up the 2015 option on Cameron Heyward. This was a smart move, and according to Albert Breer, Heyward is expected to make 6.969 million in 2015.
Heyward had his best season last year, setting career-highs in tackles (59) and sacks (five). He also defended seven passes. Most importantly, he established himself as a core member of a defense that has desperately needed to get younger.
The Steelers selected the 6-foot-5, 288-pound Heyward with the No. 31 overall pick in the 2011 draft. He was a backup in his first two NFL seasons before garnering a starting role in 2013.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:These NFL fan bases need to relax it has only been two weeks nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/fan-ba… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 26 mins ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Corey Brown Jr., DT, Valdosta State University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 44 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for September 22, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:Deion Sanders sends out his first scholarship and it is to the best defensive tackle in the nation… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:Week 2 QB Index, Josh Allen has a huge jump after beating Dolphins nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/qb-ind… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago