The Baltimore Ravens have stood by their running back, regardless of what the media said. A matter of fact the team has been very quiet about the entire situation with Ray Rice supposedly “uppercutting” his new wife Janay Palmer. The team has invested a lot of money in Rice and maybe that is why they are not talking too much.
According to Pro Football Talk states the contract Ray Rice signed in July 2012 paid out $24 million by March 2013, with another $1 million in base salary last season. That’s $25 million already given to Rice in two seasons, with only $10 million remaining in base salary over the next three years.
If that is the case, the Ravens really have swallowed the biggest portion of Ray Rice’s contract, but is he worth the money? Well the Ravens might really want to cut the guy, but there would be a huge cap hit if they did. If the team did cut him this year it would be the biggest cap hit out of his contract costing the Ravens 8,750,000.
|YEAR||BASE||S. BONUS||MISC.||CAP HIT||DEAD|
I don’t know about Ray Rice and his future, but this so-called uppercut better increase his performance. If he ran with the passion he had when dragging his new wife out the elevator maybe his statistics would finally increase. In the past two years his statistics have been on a constant decline, and I don’t know how much longer a team can swallow this contract and behavior.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Remember the Rogers Centre twitter.com/CFL_News/statu…
about 22 mins ago
- Close Contact tracing....... twitter.com/RapSheet/statu…
about 23 mins ago
- I talked to several scouts who said @Bigdawgchris1 right now is the second-best offensive tackle in the NFL Draft b… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 28 mins ago
- We checked out former Florida State tight end @T_mckitty and wrote up this piece. Find out more about the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 30 mins ago
- Check out our latest story on @race_ya_boyz the @LSUfootball rising star. I wish they would get him the ball more,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 31 mins ago