The Los Angeles County district attorney’s office has referred Aldon Smith’s airport arrest earlier this month to the Los Angeles city attorney’s office for misdemeanor consideration according to ESPN.com. This is huge news for the former Pro Bowl pass rusher.
The San Francisco 49ers’ star was arrested at Los Angeles International Airport on April 13 for making a fake bomb threat. He was later released on a $20,000 bond.
A spokesman at the city attorney’s office said Thursday that a decision on charges may be made within a week.
Smith will still face a penalty from the NFL, because Smith is really pushing the League’s buttons. This is not his first offense. Expect Smith to get a heavy fine and suspension.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Put some respect on these names. Three QB’s that deserve more love nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/respec… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/e0s4bLnO0U
about 8 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for September 23, 2020; Signings, Roster Cuts and Daily Workouts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 10 mins ago
- ICYMI:Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: Jimmy Strickland, Long Snapper nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/jimmy-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/VOrANc46US
about 27 mins ago
- Last Chance:Chargers QB Tyrod Taylor suffered a punctured lung from the team doctor nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/tyrod-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 39 mins ago
- Tevin Singleton, DB, Bowie State University | 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Zoom Interview youtu.be/40nnaEMtokY
about 44 mins ago