While the injury to Aaron Rodgers collarbone was pretty rough for the Packers fans, it didn’t keep the team out of the playoffs. It did however help the team save quite a bit of change. In an article on ESPN, it states Rodgers salary and signing bonus went down due to him missing games.
According to ESPN Stats & Information salary data, Rodgers’ salary-cap number decreased by $350,000 for this season and every season through 2017. The Packers received the cap credit because they took out an insurance policy on Rodgers shortly after he signed his five-year, $110 million contract extension last April.
That doesn ‘t sound like a ton of money, but that could be a decent signing bonus or guaranteed money for a player. For example, last week the Houston Texans signed Chris Clemons the former Dolphins safety to a two year deal. His guaranteed money was 350k, and Rodgers saved the Packers a little more. So this could assist them with finding a solid player and easing the deal.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Packers former General Manager Ted Thompson passed away at the age of 68 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/ted-th… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/5NNWhDHzBz
about 2 mins ago
- ICYMI:Doug Marrone to become O-Line Coach at Alabama nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/doug-m… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/0DBoY7EhjG
about 2 mins ago
- ICYMI:California high school football star Mitch Wade killed in nasty car accident nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/mitch-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 8 mins ago
- Let’s go twitter.com/seniorbowl/sta…
about 12 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for January 21, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 41 mins ago