How many teams were recruiting you out of high school?
-Oh wow that was a while ago. A few were Wofford, Southern University, Georgia Southern, Jacksonville State, UCLA, and Marshall.
Where did you choose and why?
-North Alabama- I met with Southern University and was offered a full ride. Then I played JUCO and went to North Alabama from there.
What were your goals for your senior year?
-My goal was to get 40 tackles and at least 10 or more tackles for loss. I accomplished that. I wanted to be all conference, but didn’t quite get that surprisingly. And of course making it to the NFL was also a goal.
Have any scouts met with you, and if so what are they saying?
– Most of them just talked to my coaches. Ive been in contact with a coach at Southern University. He’s the running back coach for the Arizona Cardinals. They will be at our pro day. They will look at my size, strength, and speed at my pro day.
At your position, what separates you from the others?
-I try to do everything at my position as precisely as possible. I focus on where I’m putting my hands and my feet. Strength wise there isn’t that big of a gap. You just got to know what to do when your opponent makes a move.
Tell us what you look for when breaking down film?
-Key points- What the center is doing, and what the guards are doing. I pick up on what the quarterback’s reactions are. I ask myself, “Does he drop back or attack? Do they double team?”
Who was the toughest player you have ever faced?
-West Georgia’s offensive line. That was the best offensive line I have ever played against. #72 was really good.
If you could compare your play to one person in the NFL who would it be?
-BJ Raji- I like his style. I try to mimic it.
What was the biggest obstacle in your life you had to overcome, and how did you overcome it?
-My junior year in high school I tore ligaments in my ankle. I had to rehab and it was supposed to take 6 months, but I did it in 3-4. I came back and we won the state championship and went 13-2.
What system fits your style of play the best?
-3-4 or 4-3, but I prefer a 3-4. I like facing the center.
What is your biggest strength?
What is your biggest weakness?
-Haha that’s a tough one. Probably speed.
If I were a GM and gave you a second to sell yourself, what would you say?
-You won’t find anyone with more work ethic or more drive than me.
Growing up, who was your role model?
-My Father of course. He’s always been a hard worker and he’s always made us do the little things like running and working out. He worked us and made us better at sports. He wouldn’t let us sit around the house and be lazy. Even while he was working he still made time for us.
Who was your favorite team and player in the NFL and why?
-Baltimore Ravens- My favorite player Ray Lewis who just retired
If you were to have dinner with three people dead or alive who would it be?
-Kevin Durant, Shaq, and Obama
With your first paycheck what would you buy?
– I’d give it to my Mom.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for September 21, 2020; Roster Cuts, Daily Workouts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for September 21, 2020; Roster Cuts, Daily Workouts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago
- You know what pisses me off? When players like @MarquetteKing are sitting at home. Look at these kickers net punti… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago
- Last Chance:Colts LB Darius Leonard gave a fan his glove, but his wedding ring was inside nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/darius…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 5 hours ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for September 21, 2020; Roster Cuts, Daily Workouts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/transa…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 5 hours ago