The Philadelphia Eagles have been amazing this off-season and are already my big time free agency winners. In just one week’s time, the Philadelphia Eagles have managed to lock up forty percent of their offensive line to multi-year extensions, sign two pending free agent wide receivers, and still have the ability to pursue mid range free agents during the 2014 off-season.
Howie Roseman the Eagles Salary Cap Management specialist had the team 17 million under the salary cap even after the team signed all their recent players but Jeremy Maclin. The crazy thing was the team had a 5 year deal on the table for Maclin but Maclin decided to return for the one year deal rather than take the 5 year deal. Roseman is a special person, because he has the team really focusing on retaining their players. The Dallas Cowboys however are still 15 million over the cap even with the recent cap increase. It obviously sounds like the Cowboys need help in their front office.
Could the team trade a first rounder for Roseman? I doubt it but it just goes to show you how important salary cap specialists are to an organization.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:South Carolina High School Football Player Mikell McKelvey was shot and killed on Thanksgiving Day… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 28 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Heads hand out their Pro Bowl Votes, Josh Allen and Big Ben both snubbed?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 36 mins ago
- What were you driving? twitter.com/ig_barnes/stat…
about 40 mins ago
- Last Chance:Draft buzz: Catching up with Miami Hurricanes WR Xavier Restrepo nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/xavier… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 41 mins ago
- Last Chance:Three offseason trades the Philadelphia Eagles, front office should consider nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/eagles…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 45 mins ago