Today the Dallas Cowboys released DeMarcus Ware, the former pro bowl sack artist, who is always causing problems for opposing teams offensive linemen. Well today the team also released Miles Austin, which will free up around 5 million dollars around June 1st.
Releasing Austin saves the Cowboys $5.5 million against the cap, but they don’t get the credit on those savings until after June 1. That money will likely go toward the Cowboys signing their draft picks this year.
A year after Austin’s breakout 2009 season (81 catches for 1,320 yards and 11 touchdowns), the Cowboys signed him to a six-year, $54 million contract extension.
Austin, who turns 30 in June, hasn’t lived up to his big payday. He’s had a hard time staying on the field, struggling with several hamstring injuries. He’s coming off his worst season with the Cowboys. Austin had only 24 catches for 244 yards and no touchdowns in 11 games in 2013 (only eight starts).
It will be interesting to see where both Ware and Austin land, but it seems Ware is already garnishing quite a bit of interest around the league.
NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport reports free agent DE/OLB DeMarcus Ware is already drawing interest from “six playoff teams.”
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Could it have been the hotel that the Titans stayed at? Sounds like it was just the Titans players and staff twitter.com/mortreport/sta…
about 12 mins ago
- Pretty amazing event here! Make sure you spread the news! twitter.com/draftdiamonds/…
about 14 mins ago
- Did You See This:Are good defenses Lamar Jackson’s kryptonite? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/lamar-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/8yoQ9fuc9q
about 17 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for September 29, 2020; Daily Workouts, Signings and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 23 mins ago
- Help me out and share the information. As you know Hayden Hurst recently spoke to Dak about Mental Health. Well,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 28 mins ago