Today the Chicago Bears decided to cut the cord on Julius Peppers, who signed a mega deal to come to Chicago.
The Peppers release was not a surprise. The move saves the Bears $14 million in cash and over $8 million against the cap.
Peppers joined the Bears in 2010 and received the largest contract ever given to a defensive player. He lived up to the hype for his first few seasons with the team, but he’s no longer worth superstar money at age 34.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Remember the Rogers Centre twitter.com/CFL_News/statu…
about 48 mins ago
- Close Contact tracing....... twitter.com/RapSheet/statu…
about 49 mins ago
- I talked to several scouts who said @Bigdawgchris1 right now is the second-best offensive tackle in the NFL Draft b… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 55 mins ago
- We checked out former Florida State tight end @T_mckitty and wrote up this piece. Find out more about the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 56 mins ago
- Check out our latest story on @race_ya_boyz the @LSUfootball rising star. I wish they would get him the ball more,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 57 mins ago