Tarell Brown is already set to hit the open market on Tuesday. Now the 49ers are releasing Carlos Rogers, reports ESPN.com’s Josina Anderson.
Due $6.6 million in salary and bonuses and turning 33 before the start of the 2014 season, Rogers was never going to return unless he accepted a pay cut. His release will create $5.1 million in salary cap space for the 49ers.
I would expect the Niners to try an land a cornerback in free agency. The team has some good depth, but you can never have enough depth at the corner back position.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Kenny Pickett, QB, University of Pittsburgh nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/ryan-p… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/7LDJhwlIxt
about 15 mins ago
- Fantasy Doctors: Josh Jacobs Injury Update, Great News, but is it the dreaded high ankle sprain?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 17 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Kenny Pickett, QB, University of Pittsburgh nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/ryan-p… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/ieJIHJBZdQ
about 22 mins ago
- Fanelli’s Fave Five Prop Bets for MNF: Seattle Seahawks vs. Philadelphia Eagles ift.tt/2ViNlvd
about 25 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Terrace Marshall Jr., WR, LSU nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/terrac… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/YQJAiX7QMY
about 37 mins ago