Nick Collins says he knows there’d be risk if he returned to the field, but having helped the Packers to the Super Bowl XLV title, he believes he could do the same for another team now if given the chance
“My whole purpose of doing what I did on Twitter, I wanted to remind everybody I’m still out there and I’m willing to play given the opportunity,” said Collins, who is a free agent and thus free to sign with any team. (Collins’ agent, Alan Herman, said Tuesday that Collins’ medical status had not changed.) “That was the whole purpose of my Tweets on Monday. Just to say, ‘I’m ready, I’m 100 percent healed.’
“I’m open. Whoever wants to give me the chance – if it’s Green Bay, if it’s any of the other 31 teams that’s willing to take me that chance – I just have to be comfortable with it. It has to be in the right place.”
That place, though, is unlikely to be Green Bay, Collins admitted.
According to Collins, team physician Dr. Pat McKenzie was really the “only doctor” who was unwilling to medically clear him to play. Collins believes – and hopes – that other NFL doctors might not agree.
“The only doctor that was really unsure was Dr. McKenzie. He wasn’t quite sold on the idea of me playing for the Packers anymore,” Collins said. “That’s not saying that I wasn’t cleared to go nowhere else. I was cleared to go somewhere else. He just wasn’t 100 percent sold on the idea.
“I’ve been trying to get that opportunity for two years now and no one seems to want to take that chance. But I’m ready if anybody is willing. I guess it’s all about just getting the teams to understand the [idea] of me coming back. They can bring me in, they can get their own doctors to look at me, they can do their own evaluation and we can go from there. If they say we can roll with it, I’ll take that chance.”
The big question is would you take him on your team? The guy was a former Pro Bowler that showed he can compete in the NFL. I would definitely give him a shot if he passed the physical, but there is only one way to find out if he would pass and that is to have him in for one.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Packers are early favorites against the Buccaneers for the NFC Championship Game nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/packer… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 53 mins ago
- ICYMI:Colts QB Philip Rivers has retired from the NFL, he will now coach a high school team in Alabama… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- NFL Transactions for January 20, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Signings and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- Will anyone claim Mark Ingram today and his salary? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/mark-i… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/qzfM0Nbos9
about 3 hours ago
- Packers are early favorites against the Buccaneers for the NFC Championship Game nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/packer… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago