The 2014 salary cap projections have been slowly creeping up, and we’ve got a new projection that could push it even higher. Previously, Adam Schefter projected a $130 million salary cap, and then John Clayton said might be as high as $132 million. Now, according to our lovely friends at Pro Football Talk, the 2014 NFL salary cap could end up “a few million” higher than $132 million. Furthermore, moving forward, similar annual increases are expected.
Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk is reporting that per a source, the cap could be a “few million” higher than $132 million. If this means $3 million more than reported, the cap could be as high as $135 million. That would amount to an 9.75 percent increase over last year, the biggest spike by far since the 2011 labor deal was negotiated.
If the cap goes up to 135 million, it could mean huge things for teams like the Dallas Cowboys and the Pittsburgh Steelers who are currently the only teams that are scheduled to be over the cap at 130 million. An extra 5 million would be a great cushion for some teams.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Sorry fans, but the Atlanta Falcons are f***ed nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/falcon… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/wgclLRhZzs
about 16 mins ago
- Last Chance:California high school football star Mitch Wade killed in nasty car accident nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/mitch-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- Last Chance:Buffalo restaurant sends Ravens CB Marlon Humphrey Buffalo Wings after his social media post… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago
- Last Chance:Beloved Georgia High School coach Teco Browning died in a motorcycle accident nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/teco-b…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 5 hours ago
- Last Chance:128 players have been granted special eligibility for the 2021 NFL Draft nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/2021-n… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 5 hours ago